Week 17 Football Pick’em Contest Strategy & Advice (2022)
Week 17 gets us some value picks based on teams with different motivations and QB injury status.
Mike White is back for the Jets as they face Seattle (Rich Graessle/Icon Sportswire)
Week 17 has us one week away from the end of the 2022 NFL regular season. Some teams have clinched playoff spots, others have been eliminated, and motivations may differ, impacting the value on the games this week and next.
In these columns, we explore strategies to maximize your edge in NFL and college football pick’em contests. We also provide some of the rationale behind picks potentially recommended by our premium product.
Here’s what’s available now:
- 1/1: Reviewing Week 17 Sunday Pick Dynamics
- 12/30: Pittsburgh Moves Up Value-Gamble List
- 12/29: Josh Dobbs Will Start for Tennessee on TNF
- 12/28: Derek Carr Benched
- 12/27: Reminder: Endgame Pick Strategy in Effect
- 12/27: Week 17 Early Value Picks
- 12/27: Week 16 Results Summary
- FYI: Notes About Picks We Highlight
- FYI: About Our Pick’em Pool Advice
Reviewing Final Week 17 Dynamics
Happy New Year, everyone.
Here are the key NFL value plays for Week 17:
- Houston vs. Jacksonville (43% win odds, 7% popularity): Houston is a big potential leverage play in weekly pools and is a good upset gamble when chasing a prize position, as it is really unpopular.
- New York Jets at Seattle (53% win odds, 35% popularity): The Jets are getting picked by just more than a third of the public here despite being the slight favorite.